The painting acrylic is one of the most popular means for artists. It is made with a combination of ground pigments and a solvent. These paintings are made on the basis of water and removed easily from brushes and other art supplies. Acrylic paints dry quickly and allow other materials to be used on dry acrylic.
Preparation of materials:
- Choose an image to draw on your mural. It is important to choose a scene that is suitable for the location of the mural. Then choose a surface and a location for your mural.
- Prepare the surface of the mural by cleaning it to remove dirt and dust.
- Measure and mark the area with a charcoal pencil. Charcoal pencils are the best, as they do not react with acrylic paint.
- Tape the area you plan to paint with tape. Place a tarp under the area where you will paint to avoid paint spills and stains on the floor.
- Cover the area where you plan to paint with a base to seal it. It is easy to cover large areas with a large paintbrush for general painting. Make sure the base is completely dry before painting your mural.
- Sketch the outline of the image with a charcoal pencil.
Paint the mural
- Mix the acrylic paints to get the desired colors with the spatula on your palette. As acrylic paints dry quickly, use denatured alcohol to clean the brushes or correct errors on the work surface.
- Fill your original sketch with acrylic paints and brushes. Mix and give volume and contrast to the colors while adding details to your mural. It is a good idea to paint large areas first and small details later.
- Allow the mural to dry for a week before applying the protective varnish.